Monday, November 9, 2009

Victoria Magazine's Wrapped in Whimsy

In their November/December 2009 issue, Victoria magazine (above picture from there) has a wonderful article entitled "Wrapped in Whimsy" about a store owned by Nicholas Kniel that specializes in ribbons, buttons, and embellishments galore. It's a wonderful article--just beautiful! I checked out his on-line shop, Nicholas Kniel Fine Ribbons and Embellishment, wherein a person may see, I presume, most if not all of what he has to offer. I'd love to actually go to the shop someday--which is unfortunately in Georgia and far from here. There is nothing like feeling the ribbons and seeing the true colors of things in real life. I especially liked the little blue bird embellishments as seen in the article pictures. If you love ribbons and pretty accents, this article is a must-read and the shop a must-visit.

5 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

it does sound magical

Mary said...

My sister has that magazine...she wanted to get in the car and drive to Georgia! Its a great magazine, and one reason that I like it so much is because it does create an atmosphere of whimsy and delight...in this crazy world we're living in today, I think we need a little something to distract us from "reality"! Great post!

God bless,

Mary

*Ulrike* said...

I live here in Georgia and get the Victoria magazine too. When I saw that article I went online and looked at his shop. All I can say is a trip is planned soon!!!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Thank you for the link, Michelle. I'll go back to their web page soon to look further.
xoxo
Donna

sjmcdowell said...

I have been a fan of Victoria magazine for years now. Everywhere I move they
come with me. When Victoria was out of print for a few years I felt like my best friend had gone away, I would pull out the old ones again and again and then one day just before Christmas two years ago now I believe, Victoria returned...my husband spotted the magazine while we were grocery shopping...silly me but I cried I was so happy right there in the store!! Anyway Michele thank you for sharing the article with us!!