Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank you, Dear Veterans!

With all my heart, I thank you all for having served our country--for the sacrifices, the loneliness, the hurt, the willingness, the difficulties. Because of you--both veterans who have passed away and you who are alive today--we have our freedoms. You have been willing to serve and do what so many others could not or would not do. Shame on anyone who treats you poorly or looks down on you with disrespect because they disagree with whatever war you have fought in or are fighting in. Whatever the war, whether popular or not, you have my highest respect, and I'm thankful for a special day to honor you. Thank you to your families too who sacrificed so that you could serve. A sincere and heartfelt thank you to you all.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Michele, your words are wonderful! I so agree....shame on those that would bring dishonor to our men and women that are in battle, whether on the field or in the office, they are there to protect us...and those that are benefiting from someone else's sacrifice, that they would bring shame on themselves by their ungodly actions, its appalling. I pray our military know that we love them, honor them, support them, and pray for them. They are the beautiful, they are the best!

Wonderful post, thank you!

Blessings,
Mary

blushing rose said...

What a beautiful heartfelt write, Michelle. When you see a member of the armed forces, just say TY, they smile & are everso grateful.

Popover for our TRIPLE GIVEAWAY if you haven't already. Have a lovely day. TTFN ~Marydon

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Michele:
Like Marydon, whenever I see one of our fine soldiers in uniform, I stop and say thank you. It's nice to see the smile of gratitude on their faces, and receive that polite "Thank you, Ma'am". It's the least I can do.
Your words are poignant and well-said.

Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. I'll be back to visit again.

Blessings,
Donna

Duchess of Tea said...

I bow to all veterans worldwide. If it wasn't for their unselfishly courageous contribution to protect and defend us, we wouldn't be able to enjoy this blissful day. Thank you darling for posting this special day.
Love & Hugs
Duchess