Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Love of Limoges



I know, I've posted a picture of this teacup and saucer before. My husband and I were at the Charles De' Gaulle Airport for the trip home from our little jaunt in Paris years ago, and I still had not purchased a teacup and saucer--something I like to get from places we visit as a memory of the trip. We went into a little shop at the airport, and, lo and behold...they had teacups! I bought these two ("In case one breaks, you'll still have the other," my husband thoughtfully said.) because they were so French...so Limoges. When I think of France...when I think of Limoges--the quintessential colors of Limoges--I think of cobalt and gold (and, of course, the French lady and gent are a part of that--goes without saying, really). So, with this inspiration and the colorful richness of cobalt and gold/brass, I hand stitched flower beads in cobalt, light blue and white along with little brass rose beads for my newest trinket box (have it listed on my Lollishop and on Etsy). Leave it to something from France to inspire me!

8 comments:

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

What gorgeous inspiration!

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi Michele,

I bought some tatting from you this week off of your Etsy store and thought that I would stop by to say Hi and spend some time on your blog. The limoge is just beautiful. I will be back to visit soon.

Tammy

Pauline said...

Michele, what a great choice for your trinket box...taken from a really beautiful teacup. Such a beautiful deep blue. They're both great :o)

God bless you.

Brown Bee Studio said...

Michele, thanks for stoppin' by and leavin' me some love...your little trinket boxes are exquisite! xoxo

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for showing the tea cub and saucer again. I didn't see it the first time. Beautiful color!

cindy@stitches

Duchess of Tea said...

Lovely, simply lovely, enjoy them darling.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Sandi said...

Oh what pretty teacups Michelle! I love anything french! Lucky you having been to Paris!!
Blessings~

Laurie said...

LOVE the cup!