Friday, July 31, 2009

A Bowl of Berries

One thing I really like about summer is the abundance of berries--especially the ones anyone can pick and eat for free. On some land close to us there are mulberry trees and blackberry bushes (yes, we're allowed to go there and pick), so my husband and children went with their buckets and picked a bowl full. Of course, they returned with purple faces and fingers. Yum! The berries are dark and juicy and sweet. I wish there were enough to, say, make some jam, but our little bowl full of succlents will have to suffice.

5 comments:

blushing rose said...

... where's the ice cream?! I'll be right over ...

TTFN ~Marydon

Together We Save said...

All I can say is Yumm!

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Mmmm...this brings back sweet memories. I remember picking fresh blackberries as a child and then eating homemade blackberry cobbler. Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to pick fresh blackberries since childhood and the store-bought berries are just never as good. :(

Cottage Rose said...

OH Michele; Move over girl friend and give me a spoon with whip cream mmmm mmmm good... I so love fresh fruit right from a garden farm.... sigh........

enjoy your weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura

Duchess of Tea said...

The berries look delicious!! Darling I suppose you are going to bake them into scones, make a pot of tea and invite me, correct?

Duchess xx