Saturday, January 15, 2011

Vintage Valentine Pins


I remember when I was young, my dad came home one day with a sweet plastic valentine pin for my mother...and a little one for me! I was delighted! To think that while Dad was thinking of Mom, he included me as well. It meant a great deal to me--that I was special too to be in on this sweet surprise. Dad has always been very, very thoughtful...I realize this more and more as time goes by. Anyway, I think I have that little pin tucked away (for some reason) in my cedar chest which I'll have to dig out sometime...and wear again. (All of my special memory items go in there.)

These pins that I finished recently reminded me of that Valentine's Day years ago. They are all made from vintage pictures (postcards, etc.) and embellished with glitter.

1 comment:

Molly said...

How sweet! I lov sweet dads, they are the best!
~Molly P