Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Post-election Biblical Reminder

I know, most people don't really care what the Bible says about anything, but I do! It is the basis of who I am and what I believe, and I'm not ashamed of it. Regardless of who won the election last night and why, thankfully the Bible, as always, puts things in perspective. Daniel 4:17 reminds us "...that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will..." Though most don't believe this, it doesn't matter WHO won...God is the one in charge of what goes on in the world that He created and allows certain rulers to lead for a reason (It is interesting though that in the many examples given in the Bible, whenever Israel strayed from serving God they had great difficulties.). It takes faith to trust in God, in His ways, and in His reasons without questioning why. As a final note Proverbs 21:1 says, "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will."

1 comment:

Laura said...

I agree with you and this sentiment has really helped me get through the last week. Thanks for sharing this- I hope others will read this and feel the same way!