Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

You know, I really thought I had blogged about these yummy cookies before, but, alas, I could not find them...so I thought neither could anyone else! Besides, re-presenting these yummy, brownie-like cookies would be well worth it. The recipe is not original, in fact, it is from an old Hershey's cookbook (one of my favorite "old standby" cookbooks). I baked up a batch tonight for a church kids' function, and we now have only four left (one...maybe two...will be perfect with a cup of tea tomorrow). Here is the recipe. Bake and enjoy! P.S. Don't wear navy blue or black if you want to sneak a bite into one of these! ; )

2 cups of sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2-1/3 cups foour
2 tsp baking power
1/2 tsp salt
confectioners' sugar

Mix together sugar and oil. Add cocoa and blend well. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to cocoa mixture, blending well. Cover and chill at least six hours. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen.

1 comment:

Sondra Behne' said...

Thanks for stopping by mt blog and adding to my followers. It was very nice of you. I am new to blogging and just getting to know so many nice people.

I made those exact cookies for Christmas...yummy.

Do keep stopping by and hope you enter some of the contest. We have one every month.