Monday, July 25, 2011

Having to Think of Autumn



I REALLY didn't want to start thinking of fall yet.  However, I have had to lately.  All of our school curriculum has been chosen, ordered, and received--we're ready for school, though we will not start until the last week of August.  The kids will pick up and play their violins again this week, after taking two months off for R&R, to get "reacquainted" with them to prepare for lessons again in September.  Also, I've seen fall things pop up everywhere in stores (Christmas things too--c'mon do we really have to in July??).  Some such things are these beautiful doilies I found at the Dollar Store.  They are so pretty!  I'm not sure what I'll do with them or how I'll use them...I just know they "spoke" to me and thought I'd better get them before they were gone.  They have great detail and color and are just gorgeous.  Perhaps the kids and I will have an art class and make something of them.  Couldn't beat the price either. 
I'm also going to list some vintage trim in my Etsy shop.  This trim, though I love and appreciate nice trim, is just not my style.  I know there are very talented people out there who could turn this trim into a beautiful fall project.

1 comment:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Michele,
I can see lots of FUN things to do with those doilies! Fall is my favorite season!...I can wait tho!
Warmly,
deb :)