Sunday, October 25, 2009

God's Word (the Bible) is....

....1) As cleansing to our minds like water--- "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word." (Psalm 119:9)
....2) More valuable than the greatest treasures---"I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches." (Psalm 119:14)

....3) Uplifting like a song---"Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage." (Psalm 119:54)
....4) As comforting and calming as a counselor---"This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me. " (Psalm 119:50)
....5) As sweet as honey---"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! " (Psalm 119:103)
....6) A helpful light to us to shine our way in life--"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. " (Psalm 119:105)

This was the message I heard this morning in church. These were excellent points, I thought, from the psalmist of Psalm 119 who wrote the entire passage continually referring to God's Word. I hope these points and especially the corresponding scripture will be a blessing and encouragement to you--as they have been to me--to not forget to read the Bible.

No comments: