Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Not Just a New Year but a New DAY!

Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. (Psalm 68:19). A year is one day shy of being past, and a fresh new one is on the horizon. If I wanted to, I could really whine about all of the difficulties and disappointments of the past year--we all could do that. Difficulties and struggles are part of life. I had them last year...and they will most definitely come this year, as they will to everyone. But, as the Bible verse above says, we are LOADED with benefits every DAY from the Lord. Yes, some especially difficult days I might have to sit and consciously think about what those benefits and blessings are; however, shame on me if I dwell on the negatives and not on the blessings given daily by the Lord. Besides, there have been many difficulties that, once were past, I could look back on and see what I learned from them and how they made me a stronger person (yes, another "benefit"!). I'm thankful this verse doesn't say "yearly" in place of "daily". That might mean there could possibly be many, many days within each year without any blessings or benefits! As our minds focus on the new year ahead, let's not forget to break our year down into days and being thankful for each fresh new day full of blessings.

1 comment:

l said...

Thank you for saying this...and reminding me. Surrounded by so much devastation I do thank God each day I wake up normal with an in tact family and a home. Good reminder you have here. Sally