Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hoping...hoping...

...okay, I've even prayed that this tree will live and flourish. By the looks of it, it could use all the prayer it can get. Mom and I ordered some trees from the Arbor Day people, and they only just arrived. We were a little concerned when they didn't come and didn't come...I mean it IS November in Wisconsin. We've already had snow. However, they said it is the right time and here is a picture of one of them. I purchased two redbud flowering trees (those really pink flowering ones you see in the spring) and two azaleas. I LOVE azaleas and their vibrant colors. I got a pink one and planted it right out front and a peachy orange one which has been planted out back (because, well, orange doesn't really go with my house color). Anyway, my redbuds are basically sticks with bare roots. We've planted them and watered them. Now we just have to hope...and pray that they survive into those beautiful trees I'm hoping for. Stay tuned--I'll tell you how they do next spring.

1 comment:

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hi Michelle,
I discovered you and your blog over on Etsy Cottage Style.
I love, love, love Redbud trees so I am sending a prayer that it will make it through the winter. It looks like it is really out in the open...have you thought of wrapping it in burlap? Just a thought!
Warm wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving,
Jil
I joined you blog and hope you will come and join mine, too!