Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday Morning Waffles


My daughter just loves waffles and always asks for them. I never used to like them--and discovered years ago that I prefer them very soft instead of done until they are crispy like I was accustomed to having them. Once that was figured out, I enjoy them to this day. I use my mother's recipe since it makes waffles with a delicious, rich taste. No "out of the box" waffles in this house. They take awhile to make but are worth it. Well, my daughter asked for them this morning, and we had them. With a pat of butter...yum, yum, YUM! Here is the recipe (I usually make 1-1/2 batches--but this is for one batch that makes about four or so depending on your waffle iron):
1-1/4 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1-2 eggs (separated)
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp. melted butter
Combine top four dry ingredients. Beat egg yolks then add melted butter and milk. Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture. Beat egg whites and gently fold into batter. Let sit for a few minutes then put into waffle iron.
Enjoy! ; )

No comments: