Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dining Room Changes



One of the main factors that confirmed our choice of house plans when we built our house several years ago was the "turret room", as we call it, which is the rounded dining area off the kitchen. I thought it looked English and cottage-y and bright and pretty. I wanted a crystal chandelier, and we found the perfect one at the price we had allotted for it. When the builder finished the ceiling he put, I thought, a cheap-looking piece of wood in the very top rounded part of the room. I looked at that for years not liking it all the while. It didn't match the surrounding wood. AND...the chandelier was too high up into the ceiling and sort of got lost up there. Well, my parents surprised us by having an electrician come to lower the chandelier this past week. During this process, my mom painted the center top of the ceiling the same color of the walls (she is very brave getting way up there on a ladder) while I cleaned and polished all of the crystals until they gleamed. I'm most delighted with the results! The light is now stronger down where we need it, the ugly wood piece is now covered with paint, and, yes, the chandelier is down where we can see and enjoy it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Love it ...

Have a fantastic week.
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

Elderberry-Rob said...

what a fabulous view of chandalier light - do you put cushions on the floor and lie there looking up? I know I would - it's beautiful, hope to see more pics of your lovely home. Betty x

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Annesphamily said...

Very pretty, thanks to Marydon who sent me your way! :) Anne

The Blackwood Cottage said...

So glad you've made it work! Chandeliers are wonderful anywhere and everywhere. I am going to follow because I love your products, style and blog! Have a great one,
Machelle

Micah loves Pearl Necklace said...

What a stunning chandelier, I really want that one to be on my dining area. Hope to see more of the pics of your house. Thanks. I love it!