Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gifts I Made for the "Something Old" Swap

As promised here are pictures of what I sent to Cathy of Treasured Heirlooms for the "Something Old..." wedding themed swap hosted by Linda from A Swap for All Seasons. I know she has received her package, so I'm safe in posting the pictures. It was such great fun to do.
We had to include a wedding picture of some sort, so I made a hanging ornament out of a picture of my husband's maternal grandparents. I have always liked the picture...his grandmother looks just beautiful, I think. I added an embellishment and a rhinestone and put a white organza ribbon tie on it.
The "Something Old" was a vintage hankie.
For the "Something New" I made Cathy a brooch with my favorite pink flower beads and added two Swarovski crystal butterflies.
The "Something Borrowed" was a vintage piece of lace with an old pin stuck in it to secure it.
The "Something Blue" took me the longest to do. I embellished a perfume bottle with clear and blue rhinestone vintage jewelry bits and "pearls". The settings were all silver tone metal to match the silver on the stopper top. It certainly had lots of sparkle.
Oh, and this was the packaging. I wrapped the gifts in some greenish turquoise tissue paper then put ivory netting over that and tied the gifts with sage green ribbon. The tags identified the different parts of the saying and what to expect inside each gift. The tags were made of some very pretty paper I found...and the colors tied the whole gift packaging together.

3 comments:

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

What beautiful treasures, Michele! Cathy is one lucky girl!

Cottage Rose said...

OH Michele!!!!! what a lovely gift swap,,,, you are so talented, she will love them all for sure... the detail you have in each piece is so amazing..... Cathy is one very luck Lady......

Hugs;
Alaura

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Thank you so much for joining my blog. I have so enjoyed visiting yours and have become your newest follower. I'm so looking forward to visiting with you!!