Thursday, December 10, 2009

It Snowed and Blew...and he Still Came!

This is the scene from our front door today. It isn't very exciting actually, but it's amazing how much snow can fall in one day! We got around a foot of snow. Others in the state got more...some less. Unfortunately we don't have a snow blower, so out we went with our shovels and a lot of elbow grease (so much grease in fact that my elbow hurts this morning!) and finally got the driveway shoveled. It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been for the wind. It felt like sand blowing and pitting on our faces. Everything and every one was at a standstill for hours and hours. My husband couldn't get to work (I certainly didn't mind that--I LOVE having hubby home). The kids didn't have a snow day because, well, you just don't when you homeschool. We did several subjects and quizzes and practiced violins and had a shorter day because Daddy was home, though. What impressed me was the fact that the mailman came! Yes, it was after the plow came through (after the storm was basically finished) and four hours later than he usually gets here, but he made it! We were all so impressed that he actually delivered on a blizzard day on country roads. We think he deserves--and he will get--a special treat and thank you. I know, I know...it's his job...but everyone deserves a special thank you from time to time, and he is deserving.

3 comments:

sewfunquilts said...

Yes..we sometimes forget to thank our postman. Nice post.

Thanks, Michele, for showing what you won from Jerre at Fabricartist21's giveaway and including our cards on the post and taking a look at my lace snowflakes. I am now following your blog.

Pauline said...

Dear Michele, it seems like just about everywhere will be getting their share of snow...it's forecasted to be heading my way anytime now. Poor mail man! Out in all weather.
Have a blessed weekend and try to stay warm.

Hugs

fabricartist21 said...

Telling all bloggers I am having a huge giveaway on my blog and will add somthing new everyday this month. Go check it out.