Monday, January 5, 2009

19 Years of Bliss!

Nineteen years ago today--yes, on a clear, cold January day in Maine--my best friend and I became husband and wife. We were only 20 years old that day in 1990 and had to secure permission from my father in order to stay at the quaint inn we had chosen for our wedding night because we weren't old enough to check in there! I am so blessed with the kindest, most thoughtful, encouraging (in all of my crazy endeavors), and helpful husband. I wouldn't trade him for the world! We have been through and seen a great deal (some good, some bad)--and the main thing is that we have been together (and most importantly with the Lord) through it all and remain not only husband and wife but also the best of friends.
P.S. He brought me these roses this past weekend--a bright, cheery, and lovely change to the white January landscape outside.

5 comments:

KV Creative Designs said...

Awww...Happy Anniversary!!!! I wish you many more happy years to come!

Happy New Year and Artful Blessings,
Kathryn

P.S. Stop by my blog to help Celebrate my Blogiversary!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Happy Anniversary Sweethearts!! Your flowers are absolutely divine! Have a wonderful celebration of love!
Blessings~Sharon

the wild raspberry said...

Congratulations! May you have many more wonderful years together. (I loved your comment on our post!)

Sondra Behne' said...

Nineteen years.....that is wonderful. So happy for you both...keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet story! How funny that you couldn't even check in without daddy's okay! Congratulations (a little belated)on your time together. With God front and center, marriage is wonderful!

Happy Anniversary and thank you for your kind words on my Glister Glass opening.

~Ambrea