Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lollishops

There is a great thing happening, and I've been eager to blog about it. You know...there is Etsy, Ebay, eCrater, and others--all venues where people can sell what they make. Some require fees (some pretty big fees!) and others none (eCrater). Some have great exposure (Ebay) and some very little (eCrater). Well, there is a smart gal who is starting a similar venue for the selling of handmade wares called Lollishops (www.lollishops.com). It is an adorable site. It is a juried place for selling quality handcrafted items that are all of somewhat similar themes. The shops are not open yet--only the blog at this point. The opening date is somewhere at the end of November with the grand opening in January. There will be five categories from which to choose a lovely: Elegant Whimsy, Romantic Inspiriation (my section!), Fanciful Creations, Vintage Treasures, and Artistic Elements. I like the fact that you probably won't find ultra weird, contemporary modern, and ugly things in this venue. There are many members, and if you create beautiful things, I'd suggest applying on Lollishops to be approved to sell. I'm still getting the swing of Flickr, what a ning is, how to set up a shop, etc. But I'm getting it slowly. While I'm not allowed to reveal the pay structure, I assure you it is very, very reasonable. Kudos to "Sadie Lou Who" for coming up with this...and thanks for letting me be a part of this.

No comments: